Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP has a track record of superior trial work throughout the United States in federal district courts, state courts, and in both federal and state courts of appeal. HWW has also successfully arbitrated a variety of disputes before state, national and international arbitration panels and boards.
HWW has a distinctive approach to litigation. Every case is quickly evaluated and an aggressive, cost-efficient plan is put into action. Leverage is forcefully applied to maximize results. We evaluate our client’s difficult cases at the outset and map a strategy towards the ultimate goal of winning at trial.
Our results speak volumes. A representative sample of our trial victories includes:
- Public Service Co. of Colorado v. Continental Casualty, et al., Denver County, Colorado: favorable bench verdict on allocation of loss.
- Private Arbitration, New York, New York - Reinsurance Dispute: awarded recission and $10 million in restitution, interest and attorney's fees for our client.
- Public Service of Indiana v. Underwriters at Lloyd's, Hendricks County, Indiana: defense verdict.
- Private Arbitration, Miami Florida - $25 Million Business Dispute: victory for our client on all issues.
- Tribune Company v. Continental Casualty Co., Cook County, Illinois: defense verdict.
- Kaltim Prima Coal v. Fujian Pacific Electric Co., international arbitration in Singapore: decision for client KPC.
- Cantrell v. General Motors Corp., N.Y. Sup. Ct., Suffolk County, New York: defense verdict for GM.
- KPC v. AES, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York: bench trial award for client KPC.
- Dow Chemical, Inc. v. Fireman's Fund, U.S. District Court, Eastern District Michigan: settled following three month jury trial.
- Ledwon v. Saab Cars USA, Inc., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois: defense verdict for Saab.
- Alvarez v. American Isuzu Motors, Inc., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois: defense verdict for American Isuzu.
- Thomas Ciccolini v. General Motors Corp., Court of Common Pleas, Summit County, Ohio: defense verdict for GM.
- Domtar, Inc. v. Continental, Ramsey County, Minnesota: resulted in no payment by our client, Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London due to favorable allocation of loss.
- Cook v. General Motors Corp., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois: defense verdict for GM.
- Shimanovsky v. General Motors Corp., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois: case dismissed during trial as sanction for plaintiff's destruction of evidence.
- Asplundh Tree Expert Company v. Benton Harbor Engineering, U.S. District Court, Eastern District Pennsylvania: verdict for Asplundh (plaintiff).
- Hummert v. Snapper Power Equipment, Inc., DuPage County, Illinois: defense verdict for Snapper Power Equipment.
- Stone v. Asplundh Tree Expert Company, Spokane, Washington.
- Marasco v. General Motors Corp., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois: defense verdict for GM.