Brent J. Graber is a partner with Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP.
Brent focuses his practice in insurance coverage, and other commercial litigation. Brent has extensive experience in coverage litigation and coverage counseling for claims under multiple lines of coverage in jurisdictions throughout the country. He has been involved in the litigation of claims involving alleged damages totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, including trials of environmental coverage claims in multiple jurisdictions. A trial in the U.S District Court for the Southern District of New York resulted in a significant ruling in favor of the insurer defendants on the key issue relating to allocation of otherwise recoverable damages to the policyholder for periods in which it was uninsured. Brent also represents healthcare institutions in defense of employment discrimination claims and commercial litigation.
- Martindale & Hubbell-AV rated (highest rating for legal ability and ethics)
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Leading Lawyers Network
- University of Michigan School of Law, J.D., 1981
- University of Iowa, B.A., with distinction, 1977
- Illinois State Bar, 1981
- U.S. District Court, N.D. Illinois
Articles and Presentations
- “Is there a Future for ERISA Preemption of Medical Malpractice Claims?,” Health Care Liability Conference, American Conference Institute, New York, January 27, 1997
- “Managed Care: Avoiding the Liability Landmines,” Health Insurance Underwriter (July/August 1996).
- “Managed Care Discontent Growing,” Business Insurance (May 6, 1996).
- “Legal Crisis Threatens Managed Care,” Best's Review (October 1995).
- “Managed Care: More Claim Exposure, More Underwriting Opportunity,” 1995 International Reinsurance Conferences, New York, September 19, 1995