Deba Alam is an Associate with Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP.
Deba Alam concentrates her practice on insurance coverage matters.
Prior to joining Hinkhouse Williams Walsh, Deba was an associate at a national firm, where she advised insurers regarding their coverage obligations and represented them in coverage disputes in federal and state courts. She has also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Cynthia Y. Cobbs at the Illinois Appellate Court, where she researched legal issues before the court and drafted judicial orders and opinions.
Deba earned her law degree from DePaul University College of Law, where she was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Society, an editor on DePaul Journal of Art, Technology & Intellectual Property Law, and fellow of the Jaharis Health Law Institute. She currently serves as a member of the DePaul Moot Court Alumni Board, where she advises and coaches law students preparing for moot court competitions.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Illinois Institute of Technology, B.S., 2014
- Illinois State Bar, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2022
Articles and Presentations
- Case Note & Comment, Oracle America, Inc. v. Google, Inc.: The Battle Over APIs Continues, 26 DEPAUL J. ART, TECH. & INTELL. PROP. L. 39 (Fall 2015).
- The FTC’s Settlement with HSPS Reminds Software Providers the Importance of Truthful Advertising with Respect to Data Encryption, MARY AND MICHAEL JAHARIS HEALTH LAW INSTITUTE E-PULSE NEWSLETTER (Spring 2016).