Drake Edward is an Associate with Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP.
Drake Edward concentrates his practice on insurance coverage in addition to insurance defense litigation.
Drake graduated cum laude from University of Illinois Chicago School of Law in 2021. While in law school, Drake served on the board of the UIC Law Review as Student Publications Editor. He also earned CALI awards for ranking first in the class in Civil Procedure and Criminal Procedure and was named on the Dean’s List for his tenure at the law school. During his candidacy in law review, Drake’s comment was chosen for publication. Prior to joining Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP, Drake worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable Daniel J. Kubasiak on the Commercial Calendar in the Circuit Court of Cook County. During his time with Judge Kubasiak, Drake assisted in drafting opinions for the Court on breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and the False Claims Act.
- University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2021
- Student Publications Editor, UIC Law Review
- CALI Award Recipient in Civil Procedure and Criminal Procedure
- President, Corporate Law Society
- Arizona State University, Barrett Honors College, magna cum laude, 2018
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Illinois State Bar, 2021
- Indiana State Bar, 2022
Membership & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
Articles and Presentations
Drake Edward, Expanding the World of Section 220: Lending Credence to the Benefits of Allowing Emails, Text Messages, and Social Media in a Shareholder Demand, 54 UIC J. Marshall L. Rev. 345 (2021)