Joshua Boggioni is a partner with Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP.
Josh concentrates his practice on insurance coverage litigation. He represents the interests of domestic and international insurers in connection with environmental contamination, toxic tort, and mass tort liabilities.
Josh’s litigation experience includes:
- Successful defense of insurer in a two-week arbitration involving more than $20 million in alleged compensatory, bad faith, and punitive damages. The arbitration panel found in favor of HWW’s client, ruling there was no coverage for two class actions and two governmental actions under three pollution liability policies primarily because HWW proved the insured was aware of the pollution conditions prior to the inception of the policies.
- Summary judgment in the Circuit Court of St. Louis County, Missouri finding no coverage under 12 commercial general liability policies for 11 underlying lawsuits involving personal injuries alleging to have occurred over a period of years.
- Bench and jury trials in state courts involving environmental contamination claims and asbestos claims.
- Coordination and management of issues in various multidistrict litigation matters pending in federal courts.
- Successful real estate tax litigation, including three cases in 2014 in which assessment reductions were obtained that resulted in total tax refunds and/or savings of approximately $6,000,000, $4,000,000, and $2,700,000, respectively.
During law school, Josh served as the editor-in-chief of The University of Toledo Law Review and was awarded the 2009 Outstanding Service Award and the Dean's Award for Distinguished Service & Achievement. He also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable James Carr of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Arlene Singer of the Ohio Sixth District Court of Appeals.
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009
- University of Evansville, B.F.A., cum laude, 1999
- Illinois State Bar, 2009
- U.S. District Court, N.D., Illinois, 2010
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago