Jason Nash is a partner in HWW’s Advertising Injury Litigation Group. Jason’s practice focuses on the defense of complex civil litigation, particularly the defense of advertising injury disputes and commercial fraud cases brought by plaintiffs both individually and on behalf of a putative class. Jason represents the interests of his clients in courtrooms throughout the country and in all aspects of the litigation process, including trial, mediation and appellate practice.
Jason’s representative engagements include:
Commercial Fraud & Complex Litigation
- Secured dismissal with prejudice and denial of class certification of a putative nationwide class action fraud and fraudulent omission case filed on behalf of millions of purchasers of a popular video game against the developer and producer of the game based on alleged misrepresentations and omissions related to the game’s scope and longevity filed in the Middle District of Florida;
- Obtained an Order striking class allegations at the pleadings stage in a second putative class action brought against the developer and producer of a popular video game alleging fraud and unfair business practices filed in the District of Colorado;
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of a professional negligence and tortious interference case brought against a professional engineer who provided consulting and expert services to a state Department of Transportation on a major highway construction project filed in a Florida state court;
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of an automotive retailer accused of participating in a complex fraudulent scheme in violation of the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”) and state consumer protection statutes; HWW’s removal of the case to Eastern District of California and the dismissal with prejudice was affirmed in a published opinion by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Advertising Injury & Intellectual Property Litigation
- Represented a furniture retailer in a two week jury trial held in the Southern District of Florida in a copyright infringement suit regarding the design of various furniture pieces;
- Defended the developer of a prominent Tribeca condominium building in a copyright infringement suit filed by a renowned architect in the Southern District of New York;
- Defended a contract manufacturer in a patent, trademark and trade dress infringement case filed in the Northern District of Illinois that was resolved through a successful mediation;
- Represented a major retail grocery chain and its supplier at mediation and in all aspects of a trademark infringement and unfair competition case filed in the Western District of North Carolina;
- Defended a large regional dental practice from claims of trademark infringement, trade dress infringement and unfair competition filed in a Pennsylvania state court;
- Defended a well-known jewelry designer and a world-famous fashion model from claims of trademark and trade dress infringement arising from the design of a line of jewelry products in the Southern District of New York.
In addition, Jason is very active in the Chicago charitable community. Jason is the former Chair of the St. Procopius Legal Aid Clinic, a Chicago Volunteer Legal Services organization, and is a former member of the Associate Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society.
Prior to his graduation, the University of Illinois College of Law awarded Jason the prestigious Rickert Award for Excellence in Oral Advocacy. Jason was also a regional champion and national finalist in the National HNBA Moot Court Competition, was awarded “Best Brief” in nationwide competition, and served as an editor on the HNBA Moot Court Board.
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2005
- University of Illinois, B.A., 2002
- Illinois State Bar, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals (9th Circuit)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (11th Circuit)
- U.S. District N.D. Illinois
- U.S. District Colorado
Memberships & Affiliations
- Associate Board of Directors of the American Cancer Society
- St. Procopius Legal Aid Clinic
- Hinkhouse Williams Walsh LLP is pleased to announce the firm's newly elected partners.
- Eleventh Circuit Affirms Denial of Class Certification and Dismissal of Class Action Lawsuit Regarding The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®
- HWW Secures Dismissal of Class Allegations In Second Lawsuit Regarding The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion®
- HWW Secures Dismissal of Class Action Lawsuit Regarding The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion®
- Ninth Circuit Adopts the Last-Served Rule to Determine the Timeliness of Removal and Affirms Dismissal With Prejudice Secured by HWW.
- HWW Secures Dismissal With Prejudice of $44 Million Professional Negligence and Tortious Interference Lawsuit.